An entire progressional timeline, from start to finish, of my Rapunzel tiara, which I finished tonight! So happy with it ^_^
Here's the rundown:
1.The original tiara was only $.99 in the party supply section of a Jersey Shore Target that I bought because I could detect it's Rapunzel crown potential
2. I didn't get to starting the crown's transformation until Christmas Eve but I think it was a wonderful base for every other remodeling to come. I stripped the crown of it's purple gemstones and then painted it with a mixture of yellow and brown acrylic paint.
3. Rapunzel's crown is quite sparkly and the painted tiara I had wasn't so much. So using gold glitter mixed with some Elmer's glue and applied a coat or two onto the crown so it'd be nice and sparkly, not dull like before.
4. Using round red gems, round silver gems, round blue gems, and 50mm glass teardrop crystals, I hot glued everything on in the appropriate place (I had everything planned out beforehand) using the reference picture
5. Completely finished, with the third teardrop gem and all the smaller gems in place. I'm not entirely happy with the placement of the third teardrop because I tried applying it right after I made my Jack Frost hoodie (seeing as I was on a roll) but my hands were shaky and my nerves were high so I had troubly concentrating, but other than that I'm alright with it
I'm actually very happy with the outcome, though ^_^
6. The reference picture I used